Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dreams Dashed.

As I previously noted, I'm still looking for the perfect shower curtain for the guest bathroom. I actually had the perfect one thought up in my head once my husband suggested a solid blue curtain. Rather than solid (because let's be honest, that's just boring), I imagined a ruffled curtain that beautifully ombred from lighter to darker blue. I then googled it to see if it existed and I actually found it!! From Anthropologie of course. BUT -- it was from last year and is now literally sold out everywhere including ebay, amazon, or any other sites available. I'm so sad now...it's PERFECT!


I also read on several people's blog that they didn't want to pay over $100 on it so they made their own DIY versions of the curtain. Example:



The latter one the person actually individually dyed the strips. Don't think I'll have the patience or skill to do that. The former yellow version she just bought 9 varying yellow strips of fabric. Maybe I can do that. I'll have to wipe the thick layer of dust off my sewing machine and relearn how to use it first. 

Another item of desire that I most likely won't buy is Restoration Hardware's Cloche with Babies. Man I want that cloche!! But it's $400!!! So ridiculous...


No comments:

Post a Comment