Friday, December 2, 2011

Coffee Table!

Here is it!

 So awesome and beautiful! I can't wait to change out the rug too.


The rug I've been eyeing is this one from Ballard Designs (it's on backorder until February 2012):


And I moved my old Pottery Barn coffee table and end table set to the new family room.

Now I just have to figure out how I want to accessorize the tops of the coffee tables. I want something eclectic and whimsical so that it reflects my style, but still clean and comfortable. Kind of like this:

 Except I wouldn't get the snakeskin tray. And I hate butterflies so I definitely wouldn't display that framed butterfly. I do like the horse and the black tapers though. I have a fascination with dollheads and decapitated doll parts so I should try to work that in somehow. Maybe antique dollheads in a beautiful antique bowl. I love the juxtaposition of something beautiful and feminine with the morbid and macabre.

Ooh, or this! We'll have to add to our collection of vintage typewriters:


I've also been loving white or monochromatically neutral living rooms:





Love love love Restoration Hardware! Their tufted sofas are to die for.

As is their egg chair. Amazing. But I have no idea where I would put this.




I was also considering two-toned shades of striped beige walls for the living room for a long time. I'd want wider stripes than this, but I'm having second thoughts now. I also want an art wall and I like both the one above and below.


While at Crate & Barrel today, which is one of my favorite places to buy Christmas gifts, I also picked up this adorable vegetable steamer/pot.

As well as this stainless steel cordless water heater with 6 temperature features for various teas and coffees. It also has a "keep warm" feature. Much prettier than my old white one, although that one did faithfully last me 8 years.

The water heater is next to my coffee corner. We have 3 french presses in different sizes (the smallest one currently in use) and our stainless espresso cups and saucers.

I just remembered, I tried on this amazing cashmere sweater a few weeks ago at Anthropologie and didn't see it there today. I just looked it up online and they still have it. It looks incredibly mod and fits perfectly if you're going for the Betty Draper look, which I always am. I paired it with black ankle length pencil pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment