Friday, March 23, 2012

Black and White Striped Walls.

If I don't paint the living room walls next, then what I really would like to do next is to redo the master bath. The current theme in there is black and cream toile, but I'm honestly getting really sick of toile. It just looks outdated now. I'm planning on painting all the cabinets and trim in a high gloss black. As for the walls, I can't decide if I want to leave it white with the black trim as the focus, or have black and white striped walls. I've been obsessed with that for awhile now, and below are just some examples:




 Love this look with the copper tub!

 They really went all the way with this one, following it to the floor. 

 The lampshades are a bit much I think.

 Love that they covered the trim in the stripes as well.

This is a smart way to bring some eclecticism into just small space.

I prefer the vertically striped walls because the horizontal risks looking like a Tim Burton fun house.

2 comments:

  1. too stripey. this might fit in if you're going for the whole "black and white" look.

    http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kx2uvy1in61qzel9oo1_500.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. feels like an old-timey jail.

    ReplyDelete