Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Entryway Update.

So we painted the chalkboard wall (4 coats!) and I spray painted the empty frames and coatrack green. Here are some pictures of the process and what it looks like now. I'm still waiting for the wallpaper to come in so the other side is just completely barren right now.

This is probably after the second coat and it was still patchy.


Do not, I repeat, DO NOT spray paint indoors. That was just stupid of me.

Here's the finished product of the frames and arranged in the way it'll likely be hung up on the wall opposite of the chalkboard wall.

I also spray painted the old mirror that was in the entryway and hung it horizontally instead of vertically, the way it was before.

The roses are from Matt for Valentine's day, and the framed piece was Matt's Christmas gift to me, which is the front and back of our wedding invitation matted and framed. We went to a letterpress place (http://aardvarkletterpress.com/) and had business cards made as our invitations.

We also decided that instead of mounting our other flat screen TV above the fireplace, we're going to put it in our bedroom. Thus, I finally put up this engagement photo our friend took for us. They also printed and framed this for us as our wedding gift, and it was the exact picture we wanted to print and frame ourselves, and we didn't even tell them about that. Super talented photographers. Check out their other NOIR photos here: http://www.rouseandjones.com/portfolio

It was taken at a soda fountain/pharmacy diner in South Pasadena. I love how it looks like a Francois Truffaut film still.

I also said I'd put up a picture of the Anthropologie rosette quilt when I make my bed properly so here it is. We're definitely planning on rearranging the entire area though.

And finally, for Valentine's Day, Matt and I decided to splurge a little and get a suite at a cute boutique hotel in West Hollywood, the Chamberlain (http://www.chamberlainwesthollywood.com/#index). I actually stayed here with my best friend and maid of honor the night before my wedding as well. Below are some pictures of the hotel.




No comments:

Post a Comment