Friday, January 6, 2012

Family Room Almost There!

I know I said I'd never paint by myself again, but alas, I had to yesterday. Luckily, it was just the fourth wall of the family room around the fireplace, so it wasn't too bad. It's generally finally done and here are the before and after pictures:






I took down the mirror and we just bought a 42" TV to be mounted on that wall above the fireplace. It's getting delivered on Saturday, but who know how long it'll take us to actually mount it.

I also decided against the random chair in that annoying spot between the bookshelves and I put one of my two Pottery Barn ladder shelves in that nook. It fits perfectly! Now I just have to put up that engagement photo of Matt and me above the shelf on the wall and the room will practically be done!



I bought baskets for the media console to organize all our DVDs and Matt's games. That part is done too. We just have to get the second media console at some point. That extra storage is so helpful. 

Here's what it  looks like at night. I'm a little obsessed with twinkle lights. I had them strung around the living room before too, and we bought numerous strings of them for the wedding so I want to put them to good use.

Here's the picture of our old sofa and chair rearranged to be next to each other, as well as the coffee table for now.




This is what the dining table looks like for now. I love the quirky casualness of the paper placemats from Anthropologie.

A suitcase full of twinkle lights. Each suitcase is actually used as storage for various holiday decorations.

I bought the two chairs for the living room, and I'm waiting for the side table to arrive still. I think it's on backorder until February, but once that comes in it'll go in the middle of these two chairs. After that, we're almost all set for living room furniture!

I loved this mirror I saw at Home Goods, but have no idea where I'd put it.

I'm somewhat debating between these two rugs for the living room, but I think I still really love the antique letter one on the right more. For now, though, I'm glad to use the floral and striped rug I have under the coffee table currently. I bought it from Urban Outfitters awhile ago, but it didn't go with any of my rooms so I had it in the closet all this time. It's too pretty for the closet though.

 On a side note, my favorite dog is a husky and my friends just got one, Chloe (below). I love her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment