Sunday, November 20, 2011

Another Glamorous Weekend

I spent my Saturday morning scraping out the old caulk around my kitchen sink and putting in a new layer. However, I switched out my black iphone 4S for a white iphone 4S today, which means I no longer have the picture of the old caulking around my sink. Trust me, though, it was disgusting. This is what it looks like now though.

So that was Saturday. Then today Matt and I spend over 3.5 hours putting together this secretary desk. However, the top of the desk's trim is wider than the rest of the desk so it doesn't fit into the nook. I know, it happened again. It's off by half an inch. This time I'm just going to take it to Home Depot and have them shave off a quarter of an inch on both sides. Then I'll paint match the sides and it should be snug as a bug. This is what we have so far:

 The bottom drawer is a filing cabinet! So convenient!


This is the nook it will be in. Matt doesn't like this desk so I'm going to take it as my work station, and we'll get him a much bigger, nicer desk. Maybe a corner desk from Pottery Barn or something.

I also tried to put up the rest of Matt's books. The top shelf is all of his McSweeney's issues. There is also some logic to the arrangement of the other books, but I'm sure we'll have to reorganize them again at some point. I also put up the last typewriter so now every shelf has one.

 Only half of it fit, and the rest is still in the box:

And that's not including all of my books, most of which are precariously stacked in the bedroom:

I am keeping one entire shelf just for my Vogue. I have a few years worth of complete subscriptions and some random older ones from here and there. The oldest one I have is from 1998 with Hillary Clinton on the cover. And there's still so much room left for my subscription to grow :)
If this shelf looks like the same shelf as the picture above with Matt's books, it's because it is. I had all my Vogues in the far right corner shelf, but it looks so clean and crisp that I wanted to move it to a place of more prominence. Thus, I spent another half hour swapping out the his books for my magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment