Thursday, November 17, 2011

Eh.

Well I still haven't figured out what to do about the misfit of shelves. For now this will have to do:

Matt says he likes this set up. I don't know how I feel yet. The other option I think is to push all the bookshelves to the left and put up 3 high thin dvd shelves on the right. I found some that would fit with a few inches gap. I don't know how I feel about the asymmetry of the high low shelves though. It might look too bizarre.
 I also put up one large box of Matt's books as well as all the leftover books from our wedding. Our reception table centerpieces were staggered piles of vintage books on the table with candles in little hexagonal jars. The guests were supposed to take a book each, but clearly most of them did not. Good thing I like vintage books as decor pieces.

 We also have a collection of old typewriters. We have 4 so it'll be perfect to top the 4 bookshelves. I just need to put up the last one.

This was a wedding gift from my college friends who also took are engagement photos, including this picture. The pictures all turned out amazing and we absolutely love love this picture. I think we'll put this up maybe above the chair. I also plan to put up white empty frames above the bookshelves. Something like these, but maybe overlapping a little bit:



No comments:

Post a Comment