Monday, November 7, 2011

Red wall

I finished the red wall! And I also went ahead and painted the light fixture in my old dining room as well. I'm so excited to finish the rest of the walls and enjoy my new family room. Here's a picture of the red wall and light:


My old living room was centered around red, white, and black with splashes of yellow. I plan on bringing the sofas from the living room into the new family room as well as the coffee table and side table. I want to keep the general color scheme, except instead of yellow, I'll be adding grey into the mix. I'll also only be using the sofa and loveseat in that room from below.


Here are a couple of red/black/white rooms that I love. They're more hollywood regency style (particularly the first picture), which is not what I'm necessarily going for in my family room. The space is too small to be able to create something like this. However, once we move into a bigger house, I'm definitely interested in decorating one or two rooms in this style. One of my favorite things is boldly painted molding.

No comments:

Post a Comment