Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cleaning Day

Today I bought all the paints for the kitchen cabinets and walls. I then spent hours cleaning up the boxes of wedding gifts piled up in our living room. Just to give you an idea of my almost-daily garbage accumulation that then takes several trips to dispose:

That is all just from the past several hours. However, my living room clutter have finally started to dissipate. Below here's what a portion of it looked like before:

This is what I did to that wall of the living room today:

 I'll definitely need to figure out what to do with all the musical instruments/drum equipment (my husband is the musician). I think we'll turn one or two of the toms into a side table.

Anyway, below you will see my sad and pathetic attempt at bringing my dining table out of the old room and into the new dining area. I had to turn it onto its side to fit through the entryway. However, it's now too heavy for me to lift it right side up. After nearly an hour of struggling, I finally gave in to the reality that I'm just far too weak for this. And with my husband out of town, I'm relying on having a friend come over tomorrow to flip it over.

And for the last picture, I show you my literally 6 hours of progress. At least I got one thing done. I put up all my new dishware and silverware on this bookcase that previously held my father's massive collection of alcohol in a nook in the dining room. I'm happy that at least I can point to a completed project after hours of cleaning. I was originally going to put all my silverware in various vintage tins, but I quite like the effect of the mason jars as their containers. Especially since I now have those awesome mason jar drinking glasses from Pottery Barn.

Ok good night, and happy daylight savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment