Sunday, November 13, 2011

Really Half-Baked

Well I attempted the entryway, but I think by now I'm just too tired to try that hard. At least I have the console table moved out of the living room where it was haphazardly thrown aside blocking easy access in and out of the room. There's still so many things left to do in the entryway, but this will have to do for now:



List of things still left to do for the entryway:

1. Get rid of all the picture frames above the console table
2. Paint chalkboard paint on the wall opposite of the console table
3. Figure out decor accents for the top of table
4. Move the mirror or find a new mirror over the console table
5. Take down ledge and mirror from opposite wall
6. Paint the other walls the same as the living room as soon as I decide on living room paint color

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure more will be added to that list. I still haven't really decided what style I want the entryway to be, but that will have to wait until the living room comes together. Here are some pictures of entryway decor that I like:

 I love the idea of centering a round table for the entryway, but alas I don't think mine is wide enough. Next house though...

LOVE this look. From Anthropologie of course, one of my favorite stores for home, and everything else.

 I like the colorful whimsical feel of this entryway. May be too colorful to go well with my living room.

 I don't necessarily like this look, but I like the idea of a nice comfortable sofa in the entryway. Maybe something bright and tufted.

Again, I don't think this style if for me, but I wanted to remind myself that I may want a cool funky rug in the entryway. And I've also always loved those acrylic ghost chairs. In fact, I have this fantasy of a ghost room where the walls are dark, almost midnight blue and all the furniture's clear acrylic.

I've given myself a year to finish redecorating the place starting from when we got married on October 15. Not a bad start. I'm so excited for Matt to come home tomorrow. I can't wait to see his reaction. It'll also give me an excuse to actually cook real food, which is still fun due to all my new wedding gifted kitchen supplies. Haha.

I'm really hoping the bookshelves and secretary desk come in this week. I'll post that up as soon as I get them settled into the family room.

2 comments:

  1. amazing!!! love it all!i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Winda! Sure I'll become a blog member. I don't have a twitter account though. Thanks for checking out my blog. I really appreciate it! -Lisa

    ReplyDelete