Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Family Room and Light

Work cancelled today so I had a free day, which of course meant I started on tomorrow's to-do list today. Anyway, here are some pictures from last night. My wonderful husband helped me get the secretary desk in place. It was not as easy as just sliding it in though. We had to disassemble the bottom and then reassemble the desk inside the nook. However, now it's as snug as a bug as if it was built-in.



I'll probably put a large inspiration board on it or maybe a painting. We'll see. It definitely needs something though because the wall is quite high.



 And last night I was finally able to fit all the books on all the shelves.

 And finally moved over the red curtains.

And we got the burlap curtains for the living room!! It's less see through than it looks in the picture.
Here's that it looks like.



I also had this really old ugly magnet board/cork board. I was thinking of reframing it so I did all the work of taking out the frame:



 But then decided it was just too ugly and I don't really need a cork board, so I ended up buying this magnet board for the kitchen. It matches with the decor much more too.

I also spent hours putting up this pendant light. But I love it! And most importantly, I wired it correctly and it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment